Get USD31 credit free!

Thursday 14 February 2013

Day 1 in Hanoi
 
I reached Hanoi around 10.30am. Once I stepped out of the airport, taxi drivers promote themselves actively. In the end, we chose one that charged us USD10 for one trip. Cons is we have to wait for 15mins for another passenger. I guess it's a mistake. Because we want to save USD5, we waste about 30mins to 45mins. Anyway we reached our hotel - Hanoi Old Style almost at 1pm. The room is ok, clean with basic amenities and wifi. You can use the 2 PCs on the ground floor too. People with pet allergy, please take note they have a house cat. But he is really very friendly with strangers. The location is pretty convenient as the hotel is located at the old quarter.
 
After lunch at a nearby restaurant, my friend and I met up with 1 couchsurfer. She brought us to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum, One Pillar Pagoda, Literature temple and Hoan Kiem Lake. This is my first time taking a bike with 3 person! I must say she is a pretty good biker as we waltz through Hanoi street. We wanted to see the puppet show in the evening, but I guess we give it a miss after it started raining. Alot of the shops in old quarter are still having TET holiday so we went back to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment